FCMH Access Notice
Welcoming All of Fayette County to Our Facility
At Fayette County Memorial Hospital, we keep accessibility at the forefront
of everything we do. That means that our services, programs, and activities
are specifically designed with the disabled in mind—including those
with impaired vision and hearing.
Our access features include:
- Ramps and curb cuts throughout our parking areas and sidewalks
- Off-street parking dedicated to accommodating disabled persons
- Fully accessible interior spaces: bathrooms, offices, cafeterias, etc.
- Elevator access at the first floor and all patient floors
Hearing & Vision Access
Our hospital provides a wide spectrum of communication aids for those patients
and visitors with speech, vision, and hearing impairment. These aids are
provided at no extra charge by our hospital staff.
These communication aids include:
- Taped material and readers for the blind
- Large print reading material
- Sign language interpreters
- Various assisted devices for persons with physical impairments
Additionally, for the deaf and the speech-impaired, our hospital provides
24-hour telecommunication devices that can connect the patient/visitor
with any of the extensions in our facility. There are portable versions
of this telecommunications device as well.
If you are planning to visit us at Fayette County Memorial Hospital and
have concerns about accessibility, we happy to take your call and answer
as many questions you may have. If there are specific needs or concerns
you have as either a patient or a visitor, our staff will do its best
to accommodate you upon your arrival to our facility.
Contact our Fayette County Memorial Hospital at 740.335.1210 today to learn
more about our services and accommodations.