Fostering Well-Being at Fayette County Memorial Hospital
Why choose our Rehabilitation Care program for your post-acute care?
Our Rehabilitation Care program is designed for patients who need additional
skilled services and time to heal following a hospitalization before they
can safely return home.
Patients in need of physical, speech, occupational and respiratory therapies,
IV therapy, wound care and pain management can benefit from the program.
Our team is dedicated to providing quality care in a friendly and supportive
environment. We strive to provide the highest level of functional independent
living for each resident while helping them return home as quickly as possible.
Benefits to our Rehabilitation Care program vs. a nursing home:
- Improved continuity of care
- Exceptional individualized therapy services
- Security of recovering in a hospital setting
- Less disruption in the healing process
- Emphasis is on recovery to return to home
- Patient must have had a qualifying stay in an acute care environment in
the last 30 days.
- A patient must require skilled care to be eligible for funding through
Medicare or Managed Medicare.
- If a patient is a qualified Medicare recipient, he/she will be covered
under the program for a maximum of 100 days as long as the patient requires
skilled nursing or therapy services, with the first 20 days covered in
full and the 21st through 100th days considered co-insurance which changes yearly.
- Any patient who does not meet the Medicare guidelines may enter the swing
bed program on a private pay basis.
The therapy treatment room is located in the patient care area to ensure
easy access to services for patients and families. Amenities include,
but are not limited to:
- Occupational therapy kitchen
- Upper/ lower extremity resistance bike
- Mat table and various equipment for strengthening and balance recovery
- Weights and resistance bands
- Flat screen TV for Wii therapy
Make a Referral
For additional information or to make a referral please call the Social
Services Department at FCMH.
- P: 740-333-2945
- F: 740-333-2865
Please include when faxing:
- Fact sheet
- History and Physical
- Therapy Notes
- Medication List
Patients can have a qualifying stay at any acute care setting and can transfer
to FCMH to participate in the Rehabilitation Care program.