Performs all aspects of occupational health nursing in the provider setting
including but not limited to injured worker care, employer requested health
services and drug testing.
- Coordinates treatment and care regimens of injured workers as set forth
by Corporate Care medical provider.
- Performs intake assessment on BWC patients evaluating all aspects of care,
progress and treatment and documenting such appropriately.
- Administers, documents and charges treatment and/or medications as ordered
by Corporate Care medical provider in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Discharges patients from care utilizing appropriate teaching principles
and documenting appropriately.
- Provides patient with appropriate discharge paperwork.
- Performs function of medication reconciliation on all work injury patients.
- Demonstrates an excellent understanding of BWC rules and regulations and
how they apply to state funded and self-insured employers.
- Utilizes C-9’s as appropriate to request appropriate intervention,
treatments, therapies, consults, referrals, additional allowances, etc.
and files in a timely manner.
- Utilizes C-84’s as appropriate to facilitate temporary total disability
for the injured workers as appropriate.
- Utilizes other BWC forms as appropriate for each situation.
- Communicates with the Managed Care Organization and TPA for appropriate
approval of C-9’s, C-84’s and other required documentation.
- Communicates with employers to facilitate the treatment plan and transitional
work plan as appropriate.
- Communicates with the BWC to facilitate any issues that arise out of claims
- Communicates with the injured worker informing him/her of appointments,
treatments, denials, etc.
- Complies with BWC regulations by initiating faxing and or other exchange
of documentation of injured worker visit and treatment.
- Updates patient claim file with BWC allowances and denials and other correspondence
- Reviews all Industrial Commission hearing results and facilitates care
directed at the results
- Performs histories and physicals according to company specific requests.
- Performs audiograms and understands the OSHA regulations regarding the
Hearing Conservation Programs.
- Performs Pulmonary Function Tests as requested by client companies in an
effective manner and understands the OSHA regulations regarding Respiratory
Protection program requirements.
- Performs vision testing as requested by client companies.
- Performs all aspects of the DOT physical as required. Understands DOT regulations
and follows accordingly. Utilizes DOT resource manual when appropriate.
- Sends DOT clearance form to PCP or other specialist when required and follows-up
in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Performs all urine drug screens according to DOT standards and appropriately
- Performs all breath alcohol tests according to DOT standards and appropriately
- Performs substance hair testing according to established practice and standards
and documents appropriately.
- Participates in on-site activities as requested including health fairs,
flu clinics, drug testing, teaching opportunities, etc.
- Complies with HIPAA requirements as they pertain to non-BWC patient information.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of all services offered by BHS.
- Collects data and assists in analyzing data for inclusion in department
quality improvement and benchmarking studies.
- Exhibits understanding of excellent customer service theories through demonstration
of appropriate communication skills, telephone etiquette, problem solving
techniques, and other customer service oriented methods.
- Handles client/patient complaints/concerns as able and refers to director
for further resolution if appropriate.
- Communicates with all staff regarding patient/employer issues as they become
known and helps to facilitate resolutions if possible.
- Orders supplies according to PAR levels and maintains appropriately.
- Charges patient items in an accurate, timely and appropriate manner.
- Initiates maintenance work orders as necessary and appropriate.
- Supports other team members in the performance of their duties when time
allows and promotes and enhances team effort throughout each workday.
- Conforms to all safety regulations and reports all safety concerns as appropriate.
- Attends staff meetings as required and participates as active member in
appropriate exchange of ideas and information.
- Keeps director informed of any issues or concerns outside the norm of daily practice.
- Other activities and duties as requested and delegated by the clinic nurse
coordinator of Corporate Care.
- Annually completes all mandatory education required by the hospital and
- Maintains competency updates as required.
- Maintains certifications as required.
Business hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Hours may be altered and
assigned based on the needs of the department. Occasional early morning
or late evening required due to patient load, scheduling demands or project
demands. Callback may be necessary to perform drug screens and/or breath
alcohol tests after hours.