- Provides care in accordance with the guidelines of the State Nurses Aide
Registry and all pertinent laws and regulations to the patient population
described in the unit’s scope of services.
- Assists with collecting, reporting and recording data so care can be utilized
based on a patient’s physical, developmental, psychosocial, cultural,
religious and ongoing healthcare needs.
- Collaborates with other disciplines in the provision of care.
- Reports significant observations to the charge nurse in a timely manner.
- Upholds patient rights and promotes patient responsibilities.
- Maintains confidentiality and patient rights in communicating patient data.
- Identifies patient education needs and provides appropriate education to patients.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Must have current State Test Nurses Aide certification or be eligible to
obtain certification within 6 months of hire, or completion of personal
care quarter of accredited nursing school. CPR certification or obtain
within one month of hire. Previous experience preferred.