Fayette County Memorial Hospital and all of its programs and activities are accessible to and useable by disabled persons, including persons with impaired hearing and vision. Access features include:
• Convenient off-street parking designated specifically for disabled persons.
• Curb cuts and ramps between parking areas and buildings.
• Level access into first floor level with elevator access to all patient floors.
• Fully accessible offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, public waiting areas, cafeteria, patient treatment areas, including examining rooms and patient wards.
• A full range of assistive and communication aids provided to persons with impaired hearing, vision, speech, or manual skills, without additional charge for such aids. Some of these aids include:
◦ qualified sign language interpreters for the deaf.
◦ a twenty-four (24) hour telecommunication device for the deaf (TTY/TDD) which can connect the caller to all extensions within the facility and/or portable (TTY/TDD) units for use by hearing or speech impaired patients/clients.
◦ readers and taped material for the blind and large print materials for the visually impaired.
◦ assistive devices for persons with impaired manual skills.
If you require any of the aids listed above, please let any staff member know.